Aug 14, 2018
AuthorSmart Launcher Team
Version 5.1 build 048
Sep 12, 2018
Smart Launcher 5 by Smart Launcher Team
Smart Launcher is back and has been completely renewed! Smart Launcher is the innovative launcher that makes your smartphone or tablet faster and easier to use.
What's in Smart Launcher?
Smart Launcher automatically changes the theme colors to match your wallpaper.
The icon format introduced with Android 8.0 Oreo is fully supported and available for any Android device! Adaptive icons means not only customizable shapes but also beautiful and bigger icons!
Automatic app sorting
Apps are automatically sorted in categories, you won't need to waste time organizing your icons anymore!
Designed to be used with one hand
We moved the items you need to interact the most in the bottom part of the screen where they are easier to reach.
Ultra immersive mode
You can now hide the navigation bar in the launcher to maximize the screen space
The Smart Launcher search bar allows to quickly find contacts and apps or to perform actions like searching on the web, adding a contact or performing a calculation.
Built-in clock widget with weather
The built-in widget has been redesigned to show info like alarm, next event and weather.
On screen notifications
Smart Launcher will now show you which apps have active notifications without requiring to download an external plugin. This makes the feature more stable and reliable.
Gestures and hotkeys
Both gestures and hotkeys are supported and configurable. You can turn off the screen with a double tap or show the notification panel with a swipe.
Smart Launcher is completely customizable thanks to many options. Hundreds of themes are available to downloads and icon packs are fully supported
Protect your apps
You can hide the apps you want and if you want to keep them secret, you can protect them with a PIN.
Smart Launcher includes a very efficient wallpaper picker that allows you choose between many sources of pictures. You can also backup your wallpaper before to try a new one!
Smart Launcher is community-driven project, regularly updated with new features to support the most recent Android APIs and new devices. You can join our community and find out how to become a beta tester using this link: https://plus.google.com/communities/114803489211052363907
Smart Launcher 5Smart Launcher Team
- Version 5.1 build 048: permissions
- Allows an app to access precise location.
- Allows applications to access information about networks.
- Must be required by an NotificationListenerService, to ensure that only the system can bind to it.
- Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- Allows applications to disable the keyguard if it is not secure.
- Allows an application to expand or collapse the status bar.
- Allows applications to open network sockets.
- Allows an application to call ActivityManager.killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- Allows an application to read the user's calendar data.
- Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- Allows an application to read from external storage.
- Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- Allows an application to request deleting packages.
- Allows the app to end background processes of other apps. This may cause other apps to stop running.
- Allows applications to set the wallpaper.
- Allows applications to set the wallpaper hints.
- Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- Allows access to the vibrator.
- Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- Allows an application to write to external storage.
- Allows an application to read or write the system settings.